Covenant Community Church is a body of Christians that follow the examples and teachings of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We believe the Bible is the true and living Word of God - It's an amazing account of God's faithfulness and love for all of us and a manual for the way we live our lives.
Our faith is based on the following Truths
• God is the creator and ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons - the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26, 27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2)
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14
• Jesus Christ is God. He set aside the things he could do as God in order to become a man. He lived a life in complete obedience to the Father, then died on the cross - paying the penalty for our sins.
• Through Jesus we have been forgiven and brought into right relationship with God. We believe Jesus rose from the dead, was seen by his disciples, and ascended into heaven where he now sits at the right hand of the Father. (1 Corinthians 15:1-6; 1 John 1:1-4)
Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. Colossians 1:15
The Holy Spirit
• The Holy Spirit reveals God's truth to us and helps us realize our need for a Savior. The Holy Spirit permanently lives in every believer convicting, guiding, comforting, counseling, empowering us with gifts, and leading us into truth through a communal life of worship and a missional expression of our faith. (Romans 8:14-17; 1 Corinthians 12:4-7)
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. John 14:16-17
• We believe that the Bible is the Word of God. It has faithfully recorded God's desires and will for our lives and for our world. The Bible is the authority on all matters of faith and practice. It is the only perfect guide for how to live and what to believe. (Psalm 11; Matthew 4:4)
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the person of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Tim. 3:16-17
Eternal Life & Salvation
• Eternal life cannot be earned or deserved in any way. We believe that salvation is a gift of free grace through the work of Jesus Christ on the cross, and not as a reward for acts of human goodness or good works.
• Salvation is given to those who in faith repent of their sins. When we realize that we've turned away from God, we simply ask God for forgiveness and put our life fully in the hands of Jesus Christ. Through this process we are reconnected with God forever.
• Those who believe that Jesus is God, that he died and rose again, and ask Jesus to take charge of their lives are saved and will live forever in the presence of God in heaven. (John 1:12; John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-9)
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
The Christian Life
• We believe the Christian life to be a relationship of faith and obedience to Jesus Christ, guided by God's written word and lived out in fellowship with other believers. The church is a global and local expression of living out the way of Jesus through love, peace, sacrifice, and healing as we embody the resurrected Christ, who lives in and through us, to a broken and hurting world. (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:19-22)
Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been fathered by God and knows God. The person who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:7-8