We’d like to invite you to worship with us Sunday mornings at 9:30am on campus or via Facebook Live!
Covenant Community Church
3870 Alamo Dr.
Vacaville, CA. 95687
- During his 40 days with the disciples following the resurrection, Jesus gives them an order to “wait”. What different things do you see the disciples “waiting for”? (See verses 4-11)
- What did the disciples DO while waiting? Do you think the disciples were able to find a good balance in the waiting? In other words, do you think they were able to do the appropriate amount without getting ahead of God?
- What did you notice about the people who were waiting? (Their makeup, questions, actions, etc.)
- In verses 15-26, Peter initiates a vote to elect a new disciple to replace Judas. Share what you notice or think it reveals about Peter, the disciples, or this action. How do you feel this reflects the Peter you have known from the Gospels?
- As Rodney shared in his message, and we see from scripture, there was a call on the disciples to “wait”. When was there a time you had to be patient and wait? How did you feel? What was the outcome? Was the wait worth it?
- In the passage, there’s a period of time between when Jesus left and the Holy Spirit had not yet come. A time when there was silence from God. Was there ever a time in your life when God seemed to be silent after a tragedy or trauma? If so, why do you think He was silent? When did He stop being silent? If not, how did God speak to you after a tragedy or trauma?
- In challenging times of waiting on God, we have resources to help us: prayer, reading scripture and fellowship with other believers. How have these made a difference in your life, or if you didn’t rely on them, how did that affect your experience in the wait? Can you share with your group any other resources that were helpful during a time of waiting?
- Is there an area in your life that you are “in the wait”? Would you be willing to share that with your group and commit to praying for each other in the next 12 weeks for these concerns?