May 17, 2020
Please help spread the Word by sharing this sermon on your social sites with the share buttons below.
We’d like to invite you to worship with us Sunday mornings at 9:30am and Wednesday evenings at 7:00pm for our Making a Margin mid-week devotional via Facebook Live!
Covenant Community Church
3870 Alamo Dr.
Vacaville, CA. 95687
5-17-20 Sermon Questions – Matthew 4:18-22
1. Right before the section that Julia preached on, we hear Jesus says, “Repent, for the kingdom of God has come near.” Why do you think He says that and what does He mean by those two phrases?2. What do you know about Peter and Andrew form this text and from before? What do you think you could assume about their life and lifestyle?
3. Why do you think they left their nets and followed Jesus?
4. What do you now about James and John from this text and from before? They likely have a similar life and Lifestyle to the other fishermen. Why are the details of what they left behind included?
5. Do you remember when Jesus called you to follow Him? Share a bit about that.He tells them that 6. He will make them fishers of men. If we are like the disciples, we too are called to be fishers of men (and women). How do you see that call played out in your life? How might you like it to play out?
7. Take a moment to pray for one another.