Covenant Community Church Board of Deacons
Covenant Deacons minister to those in need, to the sick, the friendless, and to those who may be in distress in accordance with the scriptural duties of the Office of Deacon. Scripture says the position of Deacon is one of sympathy, witness, and service after the example of Jesus Christ.
The office of Deacon, like that of Elder, is ordained and perpetual. Covenant Community Church Board of Deacons meet monthly, and may call special meetings when deemed needed by the Moderator.
Volunteering and Deacon Assistance
Covenant Deacons are charged with tremendous responsibilities. The Board of Deacons is only successful when they’re provided financial resources through giving to the Deacon Fund. They accomplish their tasks through Ministry Teams – teams of volunteers, led by a serving Deacon.
Volunteers – Almost anyone can be a Deacon Ministry Team Volunteer. Whether you would like to be regularly involved in some way or occasionally prepare a meal for a Covenant family – there’s a place for you.
The Deacon Fund is an asset of the Board of Deacons and is used to fulfill ministry objectives and carrying out the responsibilities of the individual Deacon areas. The Board of Deacons provides an accounting of the Deacon Fund to Session on a regular basis.
Regularly scheduled Deacon Offerings are collected quarterly at Covenant Community Church. Individual contributions at other times are gratefully accepted.
Deacon Ministry Teams
Covenant Deacons oversee one or more Deacon Ministry Teams. In many cases, team responsibilities and duties overlap and Deacons Teams work together.
• Visitor Welcome team members staff the Welcome Center on Sunday mornings to greet guests and first time visitors.
• Cards and Notes team members send notes of encouragement, get well cards and condolence cards.
• Babies / Baptisms / New Members team presents a small gift to parents of new babies, and a small gift in recognition of baptisms and new members joining Covenant Community Church.
• Meals team prepares and delivers or purchases meals for Covenant members and friends. These are typically short-term schedules to assist families after childbirth, during bereavement, illness and other situations.
• Hospitality / Homebound Visits team works with the Pastor and Covenant Chaplains to visits Covenant members and friends that are home bound, in nursing facilities or in the hospital.
• Bereavement team works with the Pastor and family to provide assistance with a memorial service at Covenant and may coordinate a reception.
• Transportation / Memorial Ushers team coordinates and provides rides to church, doctors visits or medical treatments. The team also provides users at funerals and memorial services at Covenant.
For more information please fill out the form below: