• The Session is comprised of Elders and Pastor. The Pastor acts as Moderator of Session. Typically an ordained Elder that served in the past is selected as the Clerk of Session.
• Session meets monthly to review and take action on matters related to operations and ministry of Covenant Community Church.
• As in Old Testament times, there were elders for the government of the people, the New Testament church provided persons with particular gifts to share in discernment of God’s Spirit and governance of God’s people. Accordingly, congregations should elect persons of wisdom and maturity of faith, having demonstrated skills in leadership and being compassionate in spirit. Ruling elders are so named not because they “lord it over” the congregation (Matt. 20:25), but because they are chosen by the congregation to discern and measure its fidelity to the Word of God, and to strengthen and nurture its faith and life.
• Elders serve for a term of 3 years and share leadership of the church committees.
• The office of Deacon is set forth as one of sympathy, spiritual character, honest repute, brotherly and sisterly love, caring, compassion, and ministry of prayer. Deacons serve for a term of 3 years. The Board of Deacons has a Moderator and Co-Moderator.
Committees are an integral part of our church, made up of dedicated members of the church community who serve in leadership roles which contribute to the success of Covenant’s ministry and mission.
Building and Grounds Committee
• This committee is responsible for effective management, maintenance, use and acquisition of property, facilities and equipment. These include service contracts, the repair and maintenance of the church’s mechanical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, overall maintenance of the church and the costs of utilities.
Congregational Nominating Committee
• The mission of the Congregational Nominating Committee is to seek out members of the congregation who are called to be leaders and officers of the church.
• The cost of maintaining quality staff leadership at Covenant Community Church requires a major part of each year’s budget. Included in these costs are: salaries and wages, any employer paid benefits package, plus training/continuation education allowances for support and program staff.
• This committee’s main duties are conducting an annual stewardship campaign, recommending a balanced annual operating budget to Session, and reviewing and reporting to Session the monthly financial reports.