Covenant Community Church (CCC)
Worship Ministry Intern
PURPOSE: To learn the elements of developing, implementing, facilitating and directing all components of a Worship Ministry, in collaboration with the Director of Worship. To help lead, with the Director of Worship, the worship services.
SKILLS: Below are the skills we hope to develop in the Worship Intern, through the Worship Ministry intern program. It is not necessary to be proficient in all skill sets listed, but a desire to learn is required.
The Worship Ministry Intern should have:
- a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have the ability to communicate the gospel of Jesus Christ through a variety of worship experiences;
- ability to work well with others in a team environment;
- ability to carry out responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- interpersonal sensitivity and confidentiality in communicating church and office matters with others;
- proficiency and knowledge of presentation software and modern worship equipment and media technology is desired.
STATUS: Part Time; Up to 15 hours week; at will
REPORTS TO: Pastor/Head of Staff. The Pastor/Head of Staff provides an annual job performance review that may include input from the Director of Worship.
WORKS WITH: Director of Worship, Church staff, and other Ministries
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Administration of worship ministries program
- Learns entire worship process, as administered by Director of Worship and facilitated by the Worship Ministry Intern program
- Coordinates worship details with Director of Worship
- Regularly attends staff meetings;
- Develops additional worship arts, including drama, fine arts, dancing, and special events;
- Is a member of the Worship committee
- Active participant in worship production, including technology support, leading from the platform and worship attendance;
- regularly attends worship and leads vocals during worship service;
- works with Director of Worship to organize, plan and facilitate additional special worship activities;
- In the week before Sunday worship, in collaboration with Director of Worship, supports all technical and media functions, including audio, visual, video, sound, computer, software such as ProPresenter, lights, etc.;
- organizes, facilitates and is responsible for details for worship space and narthex, including equipment and staging, as coordinated by Director of Worship, under Pastor’s direction;
- develops a video production ministry, including video clip support for sermons, recording and making videos;
- facilitates Planning Center on Line in a timely manner;
- is active in the life of the church;
- regularly seeks out opportunities to connect with members and families;
- maintains website content and social media for worship ministry;
- pursues professional and spiritual development, as appropriate; continuing education in worship and ministry.
REQUIREMENTS – the position requires qualifications equivalent to the following:
Education: High school diploma or GED; preferred college coursework in music composition, performance or related field.
Experience: 1 year or more of paid or volunteer experience participating and leading in a church worship service is desired.
Must pass all phases of the selection process including a reference and background check.
If you’re interested in this job posting, please email your application to . Thank you.