Covenant Community Church (CCC)
Worship Ministry Fellow
PURPOSE: To help lead vocally, with the Director of Worship, the worship services.
To learn the elements of developing, implementing, facilitating and directing all components of a Worship Ministry, in collaboration with the Director of Worship.
SKILLS: Below are the skills we hope to have or develop in the Worship ministry fellow. It is not necessary to be proficient in all skill sets listed, but a desire to learn is required.
The Worship Ministry fellow must have:
- a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and have the ability to communicate the gospel of Jesus Christ through a variety of worship experiences;
- ability to work well with others in a team environment;
- ability to lead vocally individually and as part of team;
- ability to carry out responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- interpersonal sensitivity and confidentiality in communicating church and office matters with others
STATUS: Part Time; Up to 15 hours week; at will
REPORTS TO: Pastor/Head of Staff. The Pastor/Head of Staff provides an annual job performance review that may include input from the Director of Worship.
WORKS WITH: Director of Worship, Church staff, and other Ministries
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Administration of worship ministries program
- Learns entire worship process, as administered by Director of Worship and facilitated by the Worship Ministry fellow;
- Coordinates worship details with Director of Worship;
- Regularly attends staff meetings;
- Develops additional worship arts, including drama, fine arts, dancing, and special events;
- Member of the Worship committee
- Help lead vocally, with the Director of Worship, the worship services.
- Active participant in worship production, including technology support, leading from the platform and worship attendance;
- Regularly attends worship and leads vocals during worship service;
- Works with Director of Worship to organize, plan and facilitate additional special worship activities;
- In the week before Sunday worship, in collaboration with Director of Worship, supports all technical and media functions, including audio, visual, video, sound, computer, software such as ProPresenter, lights, etc.;
- Organizes, facilitates and is responsible for details for worship space and narthex, including Equipment and staging, as coordinated by Director of Worship, under Pastor’s direction;
- Develops a video production ministry, including video clip support for sermons, recording and making videos;
- Facilitates Planning Center on Line in a timely manner
- Active in the life of the church;
- Regularly seeks out opportunities to connect with members and families;
- Maintains website content and social media for worship ministry
- Pursues professional and spiritual development, as appropriate; continuing education in worship and ministry
REQUIREMENTS – the position requires qualifications equivalent to the following:
Education: High school diploma or GED; preferred college coursework in music composition, performance or related field.
Experience: 1 year or more of paid or volunteer experience participating and leading in a church worship service is desired.
Must pass all phases of the selection process including a reference and background check.
If you’re interested in this job posting, please email your application to . Thank you.