Covenant Community Church (CCC)
Director of Student Ministries
PURPOSE: The Director of Student Ministries (DSM) will be directly responsible for 1) administering the student ministry, including recruiting and supervising volunteer ministry leaders to carry out the mission of the church; 2) building relationships with children, youth, and families and facilitating similar relationships with other adult mentors; and 3) nurturing Christian faith and discipleship in young people of the congregation by fostering Christian community, teaching from the Bible, and creating opportunities for them to practice the Christian life together.
SKILLS: The Director of Student Ministries should have:
- a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and the ability to communicate the gospel of Jesus Christ through student ministry;
- ability to work well with others in a team environment;
- strong organizational skills;
- strong program development skills;
- ability to lead, supervise, and encourage others;
- ability to carry out responsibilities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- interpersonal sensitivity and confidentiality in communicating church and office matters with others;
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to work with modern office equipment; and
- ability to stay abreast of current methods and trends in program area.
STATUS: Full time, with benefits
REPORTS TO: Pastor/Head of Staff. The Pastor/Head of Staff may provide a job performance review that may include input from the appropriate Elders and committee leaders.
SUPERVISES: CCC Support staff and volunteers
WORKS WITH: Church staff, Committee Members, Session, Deacons, other Ministries
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Administration of Student Ministry Programs:
- serves as primary administrative person for student ministry;
- administers budgets and planning for programs;
- recommends, develops and implements programs, in collaboration with head or staff;
- helps facilitate smooth transition for each program from birth to young adult;
- coordinates calendars with staff;
- casts ministry vision through communication with broader church body and families in program;
- staff liaison to student ministry committee;
- liaisons with building and grounds committee for any facility modification in program areas;
- coordinates training of volunteers;
- ensures that volunteers have been background checked
- regularly attends worship and leads during worship service;
- develops and leads student worship service;
- provides worship opportunities for students;
- may deliver sermon/message as coordinated with Pastor;
- builds relationships with incoming students by participating in Kids Town, as schedule permits
- teaches during Family Sundays, as coordinated with Director of Children’s Ministry
- regularly conducts contact work, and seeks out opportunities to connect with students and families of program;
- develops/coordinates ministry small groups as needed;
- organizes and attends summer camp;
- maintains website content and social media for student ministries;
- administers confirmation class
- plans, fundraises for, and leads mission trips;
- recommends, develops and implements curriculum, in collaboration with Head of Staff
- recruits, trains and supervises leaders for ministries;
- administers student intern program including recruitment, training, and mentoring; and
- pursues professional and spiritual development as appropriate.
REQUIREMENTS: the position requires qualifications equivalent to the following:
Education: College Degree minimum. Continuing education in religious education and/or theology is desirable.
Experience: 3 years or more of paid or volunteer experience in teaching and/or working with students and/or youth; prior experience working in a student or youth ministry is preferred.
Must pass all phases of the selection process including a reference and background check.
If you’re interested in this job posting, please email your application to . Thank you.